Sunday, January 16, 2011

EICIBPDPOM - sophie's choice of the year

Those old folks were talking on the radio about lists. About the nature of people making lists. One said it’s the conquer of infinity to shrink the good things from all the things into one list. Sometimes I’m just worried for people when they have to write up a top 10 list and they cheat with adding more to it. They make Sophie’s choice from writing names under each other. And feel like betrayed themselves when they accidently leave out some of the better bands they had listened to. Poor people look on a list as something what have to be taken as serious like a rule or choice between two child actors. Feeling weird cause they don’t know the exact answer and it’s order. And eternity just conquers them. I’m not worried anymore. I leave it open to give a chance for anything to come in. At least that’s what I think. And culture while it’s sometimes boring as shit never really could make damages which would worth to avoid them. If the door is open it’s easy to kick shitty things out. It’s an amazing feeling when things come together, mix together and create something new without rules and rational orders. Or just work together, after each other I don’t know. See I don’t take writing a fanzine that serious that I write down “I don’t knows” like I would just talking. Forgetting things only shows how human i am and as does fucking up orders. It doesn’t matter now what is my favorite band if I’m not listening to it. Someone really could decide whether it’s Minor Threat or early Bad Brains? And maybe I like Embrace the most then One Last Wish on second and Rites of Spring the least from all the amazing revolution summer pre-fugazi bands but truly so what? Even if I’m listening to Rites Of Spring I’m not wondering on how better Embrace is. It maybe just makes me listen to other music that somehow fits for Rites of Spring at least in my head. My favorite type of shows are when I can believe the band who plays is the only and best band in the world. And there’s just me and them. The best thing in this modern ultra fast informational world is, I can be anywhere and everything can be here in my head. I could imagine million places and times where it would be cool to be but isn’t it cooler that now all could happen right after each other? If i were closer to cool I still would miss huge part of them with just letting these chances pass me by. And besides that one can say, “yeah I was there, I only needed to take a bus to see everything” is it really matter? Luckily I’ve seen so many of my favorite bands and it would be great to see the rest but at a point it would be just tiring and I couldn’t care to move out. But I don’t think the common sense in me would ever make me stop to listen to awesome bands when the only thing I have to do for it is to switch on my stereo.

No comments: